Use the functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks Simulate, and Manage features, open, review, quantify, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, create interactive animations. In addition, the Autodesk Rendering tools can help create photorealistic images and animations.
Combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, Quantification, Autodesk Rendering, as well as the Clash Detective tools.
After completing this guide, you will be able to:
· Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks.
· Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
· Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
· Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
· Create construction simulations of a project model to check validity of construction schedules.
· Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
· Obtain 2D and 3D takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
· Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
· Add true-to-life materials, lighting, and Environments to project models, to create photorealistic output.
Working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software.
Getting Started- Publishing, Merging, Refreshing, and Emailing Files- Selection Tree and Selecting Objects.
3D Model Review
Hiding Objects and Overriding Materials- Object Properties- Measuring and Moving Objects- Selection and Search Sets- Viewpoints- Comments, Redlining, and Tags- Animations- Sectioning- Links- Real Time Rendering- Switchback.
TimeLiner Overview- Creating Tasks- Gantt View- Import Tasks from External Project File- Configuring and Defining a Simulation- Simulation Export.
Animator Overview- Creating a Basic Animation- Manipulate Geometry Objects in an Animation Set- Section Plane Sets- Controlling Animation Scene Playback.
Scripter Overview- Creating and Managing Scripts- Creating and Configuring Events- Creating and Configuring Actions.
Quantification Overview- Setting up a Quantification Project- Item and Resource Management-3D Model and Virtual Takeoff- Managing Takeoff Data-2D Takeoffs- Analyzing Changes- Exporting Takeoff Data.
Clash Detective Overview- Clash Results- Clash Test Reporting- Working with Clash Tests- Exporting and Importing Clash Tests -Laser Scan Data Clashing- Methods for Testing and Resolving Clashes- Time Based Clashing.
Autodesk Rendering Overview- Adding Materials to a Model- Creating and Editing Materials- Material Mapping- Lighting- Sun and Sky Lights- Exposure Control- Ground Planes- Photorealistic Rendering.
Database Support (Data Tools).