Six Sigma Green Belt course focuses on providing students with an understanding of the various Six Sigma tools and techniques useful to improve the production process and minimize defects in the end product with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Green Belt course, participants will learn how to:
- Identify project selection and evaluation criteria.
- Plan and execute six sigma projects
- Form and effectively lead a six sigma project team.
- Apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various six sigma tools in process and quality improvement.
- Assess and manage project risk.
- Significantly increase profitability through six sigma projects.
- Avoid pitfalls in implementing six sigma.
- Integrate and enhance innovation and problem solving skills
- This course aims to familiarize Participants with the tool and techniques, advantages, and challenges of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed for production process improvement in their organizations and help their organizations adopt Six Sigma methodology.
- Participants are led through simulated case scenarios during which they use Six Sigma concepts for solving simulated problems.
- Participants have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Six Sigma.
- Participants are armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on production issues in their organizations.
- Participants will develop superior problem solving skills that can be immediately applied in real world projects.
- A highly engaging and interactive course that ensures better internalization of six sigma concepts and principles.
- Work through the course rather than just listening for higher retention of concepts and theory.
- Group exercises that demonstrate and bring to life the concepts being taught.
- Practical implementation issues are discussed with relevant six sigma tools and techniques.
- A central case-study integrated with all the six sigma concepts that make the participants work through an entire six sigma project.
- Learn to carry out analysis with the help of globally used Minitab software for which online training is provided free for classroom participants.
- Case study booklet
- Role play documents
- Gifts and supplies
- PMI approved PDUs
- Six Sigma Green Belt Online course covering comprehensive six sigma concepts
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate after completing the online course and exam
Introduction to Six Sigma
- History of Quality (Deming, Juran, JIT, Ishikawa, Taguchi, etc.)
- Evolution of Six Sigma
- Defining Six Sigma philosophy and objectives
- Overview of Six Sigma DMAIC process
Stakeholders & Setting up a Six Sigma Project
- Identifying and Documenting stakeholder requirements
- Project Selection Criteria
- Project Planning
- Managing Team Dynamics
- Important project management & planning tools
Six Sigma Methodology – Define
- Inputs – Need for six sigma project, Executive management sponsorship, core team identified
- Organization hierarchy
- High level process maps
- High level Pareto charts
- Idea generation and categorization tools
- Project charter
- Established metrics
- Problem statement
- Roles & responsibilities
Six Sigma Methodology – Measure
- Objectives of Measure Phase
- Inputs – the outputs of the Define phase
- Data collection tools and techniques
- Measurement scales
- Validation techniques (Gauge R & R)
- Statistical distributions
- Data mining
- Run charts
- Process map
- Stakeholder tools
- Process costs
- Well defined processes
- Baseline process capability
- Process parameters affecting CTQs
- Cost of poor quality (COPQ)
- Measurement system
Six Sigma Methodology – Analyze
- Objectives of Analyze Phase
- Inputs & outputs of the Measure phase
- Ishikawa diagram
- Failure mode and effects analysis
- Hypothesis testing
- Process capability study
- Important causes of defects
- Special and common causes of variaton
- DPMO and sigma level
Six Sigma Methodology – Improve
- Objectives of Improve Phase
- Inputs – outputs of the Analyze phase
- Returns on investment
- Solution design matrix
- Design of experiment
- Taguchi robustness concepts
- Response surface methodology
- Project planning and management tools
- Cost / benefit for different solution
- Selection of solutions for implementation
- Implementation plan
Six Sigma Methodology – Control
- Objectives of Control Phase
- Inputs – outputs of the Improve phase
- Control plan
- Statistical process control
- Lean enterprise
- Total productive maintenance
- Measurement system reanalysis
- Implemented solutions
- Revised measurement system
- Control plan for sustaining benefits
- Improves process capability
- Lessons learned
- Case Study Part 1
- Case Study Part 2
- Case Study Part 3
No Reviews found for this course.